12 September 2021

Tin Transformations Part 1

Hello guys! 

I like to reuse packaging for different purposes like gift wrapping, Easter baskets, hostess gifts, or holiday boxes.  

Whenever I come across an almost-empty container, I try to dream up ways on how they can be recycled. 


Such is the case for this tiny tin, once a container for cranberry-flavored lip balm.


I cleaned it with a damp cloth and dried it really well to avoid any rust-formation.


I painted it with black acrylic to cover the label. Now, I am left with a blank slate.

The American Goldfinch is common at feeders, where it takes primarily sunflower and nyjer. Spring males are brilliant yellow and shiny black with a bit of white. Females and all winter birds are more dull but identifiable by their conical bill; pointed, notched tail, wingbars, and lack of streaking. www.youtube.com/...
via Pinterest

I had just watched the movie "The Goldfinch", based on the book by Donna Tartt. And the story is inspired by an actual painting

I thought I'd challenge myself to paint a goldfinch.


First, I made a sketch with white acrylic paint.


Then I added detail with more paint...TADA!


I can use this little tin to store my sewing pins and small craft materials.


And that is how I turned an empty tin form blah to TADA!

If you'd like more crafty ideas delivered to your inbox, please subscribe here

2 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!