03 March 2024

Five Things for March

The month of March is here. It's a month that's a bit bittersweet for me because of birthdays in my family and also death anniversaries. It's both celebration and a reminder of loss that I will mark with appreciation and remembrance. 

George Washington Bridge, spring flowers, spring, spring time, yellow flowers, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

This March, I look forward to being surrounded with forsythia flowers, nature's first announcement of spring. Forsythia tell us about the cycle of life. From barren trees to sprouts of yellow that eventually turn into leaves...TADA! 

art materials, sketchbook, colored pencils, Prang watercolors, paintbrush, scissors, crayons, crafting materials, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Did you know that March is National Craft Month? Let's create something this March, maybe something simple like origami or stickers to something more elaborate like embroidery or jewelry. We not only get to tap into our artistic side, we show up with something that we made with our hands...TADA! 

Hello Watercolor, Watercolor is for Everyone, Creative Girl, Art Starts with a Line, books, books for creating, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

If you are ready to get your craft on, the library is a wonderful resource for craft books. There are so many topics to choose from that range from watercolor, gouache, lettering, calligraphy, more calligraphycollage, drawing, crochet, portraiture and stamp carving. I would love to learn about wood carving, punch needle crafts, and Shasiko (Japanese quilting) and I'm pretty certain I can find these books at the library...TADA!

stationery, Daiso, letter writing, snail mail, correspondence, paper, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Japanese stationery is LOVE. I've been a stationery collector since I was a little girl (I would save my allowance and the pretty paper and envelopes always gave me a thrill). Old habits die hard and I'm not stopping now! The pastel prints and springtime vibes of these ones instantly turn my day from blah to TADA!  

home organization, bathroom organization, clever tips for the home, blah to TADA, photo by Claire Mercado-Obias

Can I share an organizational tip? I use an elastic hair tie everyday when I put my hair up into a bun. I made a spot inside the bathroom cabinet to hang it. It's just a plastic hook with adhesive backing where I park my hair tie. It's such a simple solution but avoids all the "Where did I put my hair tie?!" drama. A special spot in your drawer or tie it around a comb or hairbrush are other ways to give hair ties a home...TADA! 

I wish you all a meaningful and merry month of March!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!