24 January 2011

Stocking up on Supplies


It's a New Year. And when I think of "new", I associate it with fresh office supplies. Do you remember when we were still students and a new school year would come around? We'd shop for pencils {that we'd enthusiastically sharpen} and paper {to be filled with notes & doodles}. Now that 2011 has begun, I promptly headed to the store to replenish some supplies that made an exit together with 2010.

All this week, I'll be sharing with you my new supplies starting with this one:

Watercolor Pencils!

They work like colored pencils but are water soluble.
Let's try them out.

I found these blah business cards -- from an old job,
from contacts who no longer work for those companies
and discount coupons that have expired.

Well, let's make this blah more useful!

Glue two cards together.
Make sure the printed sections are face to face;
this is where you'll apply the glue.
You'll end up with a thicker card that's
blank on both sides.

Draw a picture on the card using the watercolor pencil.
{I drew a necklace}

Then brush some water over the image & slowly,
you'll have a washed, watercolor effect.

Tada! A set of little cards with a girly theme.

I can make new business cards out of these!

Have a great day!


7 comments:

  1. These business cards look very pretty. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bettina! Thanks for this very nice note! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of business cards and you incorporated such a personal, fun touch!

    p.s. Agreed - the crochet headphones are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh THANKS Miss Chic 'n Cheap Living! I loved your post & photos today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun and creative! We all need a little more tah-dahs in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog Miss Dancing Branflake!

    Balbina, you are so kind! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!