26 July 2010

The Benevolent Postcard Society


Hello and Happy Monday!

If you'll notice on the lower right of my blog page,
I have this cute logo:

I'm part of this exclusive group where
we send and receive a postcard every month.

Isn't that a treat?
Amidst all the bills & junk mail in my mailbox,
there will be a postcard lurking there somewhere.
From someone I don't even know!
That always makes me smile.

We started doing this in September 2009
and will continue until September this year.

I relied on my postcard stash, which I've accumulated
through my travels.

But when I saw this flickr photo stream showing
the society's postcards, I thought this
was a great opportunity for some
blah to TADA!

Remember my post a few months back
where I re-purposed an old pair of jeans?

Well, I saved the denim scraps.

I trimmed it, decorated it & attached it to
cardboard using hot glue.

Tada! Instant postcard!

I had enough fabric to make another one.

If you'd like to learn more about
the Benevolent Postcard Society,
check out this link.

See you tomorrow!


7 comments:

  1. Thanks for your great post about the BPS, Claire — glad to have you as a member!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nuit! Hi Lori! Thanks for stopping by to say hello today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well...that's clever! really, really clever!
    I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet comment Miss Papgena Made It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added fabric covered postcards to my list of things to try. Yours are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice! Yes, yes, please try it! It's perfect to use up fabric scraps & oddities like loose buttons, stray beads, etc. Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!