16 July 2010

Sweet Still Life


I hope you all had a wonderful week!
Last Monday, we went cherry picking
and we've found some TADA! ways to
use up all those cherries.

It's unfortunate that cherry season
is brief and fleeting.
So blah.

It's this reason why I decided to
bring out the paint & pick up the
paintbrush.

As a child, I liked to paint but I
never did after that.

Secretly, I think I wanted to again.
I frequented art supply stores, little by little,
buying paintbrushes & blank canvasses
because, "I'll paint again one day."

And TADA!, I finally did!

This is called, "Cherry Branch".

This one's called "A Bowl of Cherries".

I know I'm no Picasso but I think summer is
the best time to try something new.

I hope you're slowly crossing off
those exciting things on
your summer list!

Have an exciting weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Great job Claire on your paintings! That makes me want to 'get on' with my list of summer fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, that means a lot Betty! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice paintings! I have a summer list as well and have happily been doing tons of stuff off of it. feels good doesn't it? the best things on the list are the crafty things!

    p.s.
    I love cherries and all your recent posts are making me crave them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting Amanda! I agree -- doing the crafty stuff on the "summer to do list" can be really satisfying :) It's still cherry season -- I hope you'll find some in your farmer's market or grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, I love these!!

    Happy weekend, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for being super supportive Diana!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!