06 July 2010

A Sparkle in Your Step


We're jazzing up some flipflops this week.

If you know where to shop, you'll be able
to get inexpensive flipflops like this one:

I got these at Old Navy.
They're cute as is but a little
personalization won't hurt, right?

I got this sequin ribbon from my favorite notions store,
2 yards for $1.00. I think that's a pretty good deal.

I attached it to the rubber strap using hot glue.
It's been stable so far. You can also try crazy glue
or wind invisible thread/fishing twine around it
if hot glue doesn't work.

TADA! a small touch that will add
a sparkle to your step!

See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. i live in japan (where it is oh so humid now) and the humidity doesn't fare well with the hot glue. i made some flipflops a few weeks ago, but...after a couple days of wearing them, the decorations just fffwwwwwped right off. i have some stronger glue (or i think that is what it is...i can't read the label!!)...will also try the fishing line.
    thanks for the motivation to keep trying until i find something that works!!
    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie -- I got your comments...thank you very much! For some reason, there's an error when I try to publish your comments. I hope Blogger fixes it soon. I hope you can use some of my ideas here & to your friend who linked me to you -- thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. all my flip-flops are so blah! I am gonna try this immediately if not sooner ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so sweet!!!

    I hope you had a great 4th July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nuit! I can't wait to see what you'll make. I know they'll be fabulous!

    Hello Reese, thanks for stopping by :) I had a very nice holiday weekend with too much food! I hope you had a great one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect for those $2 oldnavy flops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting NYC Lu! Don't you just love 'em $2 footwear!?!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!