16 August 2010

My New Camera!


Can I tell you about a truly enjoyable
summer activity I did recently?

Well, it all began here:

B&H is a little piece of heaven for photo & video enthusiasts.
They have an event space where experts conduct free seminars.
Yes, FREE!

From choosing the best camera, to lighting & composition,
to marketing your work. During the summer, they have
photo safaris & scavenger hunts. They lend you a camera and
the group hits the streets of New York City in search of
items to photograph. Prizes await the best photos.

Here's the camera we got to try:

It works like a Polaroid camera (instant film).

We were also given a free cap & T-shirt!
{I love freebies...they're TADA!}

Cameras being handed out...

Plus boxes of film {we each had a total of 40 shots}.

After a short demo, we were given the list of 25 items
we had to find. We had 4 hours to complete the mission.

The output of the camera is this credit card-size photo:

Item #2 on the list: Tourist taking a photo
in Times Square

Item #14: Green park chairs sitting pretty

Item #22: A French Arch with a fountain in NYC

Item #16: An ice cream truck like Mr. Softee

Item #18: A man riding a horse, and getting nowhere

It took us from midtown to downtown on a sweltering day.
I was able to cross out the items in about 2 1/2 hours,
without taking a break -- I really wanted a prize!

But sadly, some folks who were faster and
highly skilled beat me to it {they gave
away B&H gift cards}.

We got to keep the camera though!
And that's a prize in itself.

I also have a stack of photos:

This week, I'll show you how I turn them from blah to TADA!

See you tomorrow, okay?



10 comments:

  1. Claire,

    Thank you for your kind mention of B&H Photo. Please accept our warm thanks and deep gratitude for your patronage. We look forward to earning your trust and continued business for many years to come. I invite you and your readers to check out our new informative and entertaining blog at www.bhinsights.com

    Hershel K. Waldner
    B&H Photo, Video, Pro Audio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hershel! Thanks for visiting and leaving this cool note :) I always have fun at B&H, especially at the Event Space. Oh and the service is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire,
    That sounds like an awesome time. B&H is a great store (I ordered from them a bunch of times for work) and the Event Space sounds amazing. Makes me wish I lived in NYC.

    Sorry you didn't win :-( But at least you did get to keep the camera! :-)

    I have stacks of images lying around, so I can't wait to see what I can do with them!

    Best,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Claire! what a great project =D cant wait to see what you do with the photos, they are all great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks dear Nuit! Have a fabulous week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by today, Miss Destined for Now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, I wish I lived in NYC! Or at least that we had a shop like B&H :-)

    Lovely ideas you thought of for what to do with the pictures...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!