14 January 2011

Creative, Inc.


Happy Friday!
Here's another book on my reading list this year:

I'm a freelance writer and I know quite a few freelancers myself -- food stylists, photographers, graphic designers, TV commercial producers. Whether it's the career you're in or considering the jump, I think Creative, Inc. is a superb manual to know what you're doing right and determine how you can do things better.

It's authored by Meg Mateo Ilasco who wrote Craft, Inc. and Crafting a Meaningful Home and Joy Deengdeelert Cho of the lovely blog Oh Joy.

I thanked my lucky stars that I could make it to their
NYC book tour.

The venue: Michele Varian's shop in SOHO.

It was a packed event!

We got to check out Michele's gorgeous goods.

Pretty, pretty buntings.

Sweet things & overflowing wine.

I got to meet Meg & Joy!

Both of them signed my book.
What a thrill!

Have an exciting weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a cool book and a fun time...what an awesome shop!!! Wishing I was closer to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun evening Marfa! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!