28 January 2011

I Like 'em Padded


One of the things on my "to buy" list at the office supply
store are padded envelopes. I always have a need
for them throughout the year when I
mail small packages.

But I realized, "Why buy when I can make them?"

Blah No. 1: an old plastic bag in a pretty opaque color.

Blah No. 2: bubble wrap
{I'm reusing these from Christmas packages
& on-line purchases}

Cut the plastic bag & bubble wrap
to the size you need.

The plastic bag has to be bigger than the
bubble wrap {provide a one-inch
border all around}.

Seal three ends of the bubble wrap with
clear tape to form a pouch.

Add some glue on both sides of the
bubble wrap pouch & insert into
the plastic bag.

Gently glide your fingers on the plastic
to help the bubble wrap adhere to the
plastic covering & to prevent air bubbles.

Neatly seal the edges {use glue}.

Leave the top open, trim the sides
and attach some double-sided tape
on the "lip" of the envelope.

TADA! Easy-to-make padded envelopes!
{I think I want to make more in
different sorbet colors!}

Address the envelope using a peel-off label or
write directly on it with a marker.

Insert the gift, greeting card & go ahead and mail it!

Have an excellent weekend!


8 comments:

  1. As always...such a great idea! Love it! Thanks!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your cheerful comment Michele! I hope your weekend rocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic idea. How on earth do you come up with such amazingness?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Miss Destined for Now! **Blush** I'm glad you like these ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are just great! Creative and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Signe! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found this post when surfing on the net but this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by Funkydoris! Visitors are always welcome here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!