18 January 2011

Mags to Tags


For all of you living in the US, I hope you had a fun long weekend (we commemorated the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. yesterday). This week, I'm finding new use for these magazines I've been keeping since 2008:

The Edible Magazines are published all over the US,
Canada and some parts of Europe.
They promote healthy & sustainable living.

I like the thick paper they use and
the vibrant photographs -- perfect for
crafting once all the articles
have been devoured.

I whipped out one of my favorite tools,
the circle punch. It's the same one I
used for this craft & this craft.

Tada!
Instant gift tags made simply by punching
around a photo from the magazine.

This set has a farm-like feel with the
animals, fruits and barn photos.

The photo circles were attached to a plain
cardboard circle using a glue stick.
This serves as a sturdy backing & a place
to write a thoughtful message.

Punch a small hole at the top and add a
piece of twine, cord or ribbon.

Tada! Another version using the
printed page with a border of
punched-out daisies.

See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the gift tag idea! Quick question: does the circle punch punch out different-sized circles? Where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anonymous! Thanks for saying hi :) I got this circle punch from my neighborhood craft store (Michaels or A.C. Moore). You can also get them on-line -- there are different brands like Clever Lever, EK Success, Fiskars, even Martha Stewart. This particular punch is 2" in diameter and can punch only that size. There are other sizes and shapes available, too. Hope you'll be able to find one. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!