12 January 2011

Meeting Miss Bakerella


Thanks for stopping by! Because it's a new year, I have a list of new books to read and projects to try. Here is my book of the day:

It's written by one of my favorite bloggers, Bakerella.
She makes the cutest treats, throws really fun contests
and is such a nice gal -- no wonder she's gaining
all this success! Clap, clap, clap!

Here she is, Angie Dudley, also known as Bakerella.

I met her at her book signing event in New York City.
She makes these adorable cake pops:


And without sticks, they're called cake balls.
These were served at the event {take note of
the edible silver & gold paint}:

One is chocolate and the other, red velvet.
Yummy bites of joy!

I had to make these myself!
I used a boxed cake mix & ready-to-spread frosting
{No shame in that! Bakerella even encourages it},
plus some dark and white chocolate chips hanging
out in the pantry.

TADA! My black & white cake bites!

Scrumptious vanilla cake inside a chocolate shell.
I can't wait to make the character cake pops!
Oh la la!

7 comments:

  1. i've made cake balls once and i can't wait to get creative and try other flavors, but man are they tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katelin! Thanks for your comment! I must agree, these babies are addicting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh yay! Your's are super cute! I just made cake balls for the first time yesterday using Bakerella's instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still haven't tried to make them...those owls are so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for cake balls! I want to make the mini cupcake pops (on the cover of the book)...I'm holding out for a good occasion or else I'll gobble them all up! Thanks for your lovely notes Becca Ray & Marfa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Sooz, the cake balls are yummy good! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!