23 September 2009

Wrist-y Business

Eight days and counting and I haven't used up the
goodies from my bag of scrap.

Good thing I still find inspiration to turn
them from blah to Tada!
.

Tiny beads from the bag of scrap PLUS beads that I've
had for several years now (ignored & unused)...


PLUS scrap felt from the bib necklace & hair clip
I made last week (we have a no waste policy here!)...


...EQUALS this fascinating cuff!

I sewed the beads by hand on the piece of felt topped with a piece of tulle (or you can use a clean garlic sack). The purple flower at the center is a vintage brooch I bought at a London flea market. I can easily detach it if I want to use it separately.

To close the ends, I sewed on this bright blue ribbon.

Tada! A modern wrist corsage you can wear anytime.
Because you know, a little wrist action never hurt anybody.

18 comments:

  1. I just can't get over how productive you are Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Clair! Thanks for your visit today =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a museum piece! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comment! And what a joy to discover your blog....I will grab a cup of coffee and read the rest of your blog.
    The corsage is wonderful...so old style glamourous!
    ♥ Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! How on earth did you get that from those "blah"s?? Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that vintage brooch is gorgeous. i really salute you, Claire. some of my friends think i'm creative in the way i dress, but i'd never think up the things you come up with. utterly beyond me to imagine the possibilities of turning blahs to such tadas. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blush! Tom Tuttle, you are too kind! Thanks so much =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So kitschy and cute!

    http://fashionroadkill-halifax.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh! lovely! fantastic idea! I love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your cute cuff!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an inspirational blog!!! My boys love coming to visit and plan, or shall I say scheme? Twin eleven yr. olds with paper, plastic, whatever they find...thanks for helping with their creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by also Miss Gingham Skies!

    Hi Duane! Thanks for the visit...enjoy crafting with the boys! I'm definite it's going to be fun & memorable =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your blog! So creative and ispirational! Thanks for sharing such lovely things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you my dear Juanita for visiting my blog =) Hope you get to use some of my ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!