23 April 2010

Hang Tight!


Happy Friday Lovelies!
This week was all about sprucing up these frames:

From blah, they can turn into...

TADA! -- A hanging vase made from an
old maple syrup bottle, twisty-ties,
magazine cut-outs, cardboard &
our versatile frame!

Here's a quick tutorial:

Step 1: Cut a piece of cardboard that will fit the frame.
Cover it up with scrap paper.

Step 2: Approximate where you want to
attach the bottle to the cardboard.
Poke some holes with a small screwdriver.
Insert the twisty-ties (or wire) around
the bottle & wind them tight.
Secure with packing tape.

Step 3: Attach the cardboard to
the frame, add some foliage
to your new vase and hang
this on a blank wall.

Have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you Claire for all the great 'sprucing up' ideas for picture frames..I have a lot of them and I was going to give them to the thrift store..now they can be made into some unique gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you for sopping by my blog. I love, love, love this idea! I really want to try this, and I happen to have an empty frame waiting to be created into something wonderful, and this idea is! Thank you!
    Have a Wonderful Weekend!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for saying HI today Betty & Joyce! I know your frames will be awesome! Enjoy the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I'm a big repurposer (is that a word?) so this is right up my alley. Thanks for stopping by Small Burst too. So glad you did so I could find you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I have to find me some frames!!! what a beautiful idea Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome my blog Small Burst! Thanks for your visit :)

    Hi Nuit! You are the sweetest! Take care :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!