31 January 2011

Time to Share Some Love


Happy Monday! I'm pretty sure most of you know about ETSY, the wonderful on-line marketplace of all things handmade. Well, I found out that they have this sweet Valentine tradition called:

They've joined hands with Citymeals-on-Wheels to provide nutritious meals, handmade greeting cards and companionship to the elderly in New York City. Isn't that TADA! especially in the brutal winter the East Coast is currently experiencing?

This is where we crafters come in! ETSY needs us to make the Valentine cards. You'll find all the details right here.

I've wasted no time and made a bunch of cards in true blah to TADA! fashion:

These are made from paper remnants
{scrap book paper, gift wrap & magazine pages}

Left over felt turned into miniature pillows

Crafted from felt scraps & string

Cards that double as bookmarks

Little greeters made from cut-out doilies

I hope these have inspired you to make your own Valentine cards for ETSY's Special Delivery Project. You'll never know how you can cheer up so many people with your handmade cards! Truly, these are a gift from the hands and heart. Don't forget, deadline is on February 9, 2011.

7 comments:

  1. So cute! Your hearts and the butterfly are adorable. The recipients will feel very, very lucky to receive such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope to bring smiles with these cards. Thanks Bettina, have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are fantastic! I'm going to link your page to my blog for inspiration and to spread the word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The felt kite and hearts on a string are my favorites-but all are very creative! I'm sure they will be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, Scribbles From Emily :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Linzee! Thanks Emily Joyce! Have super fun week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful idea, i'm going to look it up right now. i love the hearts on the string!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Jen! I hope you can send a card or two :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!