29 June 2011

From Dining Room to Dressing Room


As much as I like crafts and fashion, I love things
for the kitchen and dining room too.

Utensils, tumblers, plates, platters, napkins
and placemats always help to achieve a look
for daily meals or for entertaining.

Here's one of many placemats in my arsenal:

Not exactly blah. In fact, I found it so TADA!,
I decided to use it for something else.

I turned it into a clutch!
TADA!

Here's how I did it:

I folded the placemat into thirds.
I sewed the sides of the bottom fold with
sturdy thread or fisherman's twine.

On the top fold, I attached an accent (this is
really a buckle). You can pin on a brooch or sew on
a big button too. A small strip of Velco acts as a
closure mechanism.

I wonder if anyone will guess that this is placemat
when I wear it with my little black dress? *Wink*

4 comments:

Your comments are very much appreciated!