23 October 2013

Paper Quilled Cards

I've been making my own handmade cards and I've been wondering how many people make theirs, too. So I trolled around Etsy and found many, many crafters committed to card making.

I was especially attracted to these cards with paper quilled designs. Paper quilling, also known as paper filigree, is a method of rolling thin strips of paper into shapes and gluing them onto a surface to form designs like flowers.

Here, have a look:   

Flowers Quilling Card With Quilled Flowers, Flowers Handmade Quilled Paper Card
via etsy

via etsy

via etsy

Paper Quilling Greeting Card Paper Quilled TEAPOT Pink Fuchsia Paper Flowers BirthdayTea Party Shower Birthday Congratulations Handmade
via etsy

Handmade 75th birthday card, for any age
via etsy

via etsy
Pretty, right? I like how they add color, dimension and texture to a handmade card. I would love to make my own using recycled paper, of course -- blah to TADA!

If you'd like to dip your hand into paper quilling, you may read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!