23 February 2009

Jam Session

I absolutely love Bonne Maman preserves! The strawberry jam paired with croissants and a cup of cappuccino is enough to get me out of bed on a cold morning. The jam isn't too sweet and I like the chunky strawberry pieces in every bite. Ok, I admit, I first fell in love with the jar: the red & white checkered lid reminds me of a country farmhouse, the jar itself has a wide opening with no curves like other jars, making it easy to scrape out the last bits of jam, and the white label with hand writing-like font adds a homemade appeal.

Bonne Maman is my jam of choice and I have a cupboard full of empty jars to prove it. So while the jar isn't entirely a blah, I'll be showing you some ideas to make them into a Tada! everyday this week.

Jam jars make nifty containers to assemble instant vinaigrettes for your salad: Just put the vinegar, lemon juice, oil, Dijon mustard, shallots, garlic, salt & pepper in the jar, screw on the lid, then shake! Keep it in the same jar and store in the fridge until you are ready to use the dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very much appreciated!