18 October 2010

The Bag of Scrap [Part Deux]


It's a fresh week and I've got new ideas
to turn blah stuff into Tada! objects.

Last year, I made this, this and this
all from a bag of scrap.

I got the bag of scrap from this
New York City flea market.

I had to go back to pick-up a few more!

I choose these three bags.

Then sorted & grouped the contents using
an empty egg carton.

Today's blah: a gold buckle with floral details.

Here's what the back looks like.

Tada! A nautical-inspired belt!
The stripped gross-grain ribbon, left over from
this project, keeps the overall look casual.

I hand-stitched the ribbon to the buckle and added
a jewelry clasp to keep the buckle in place.

Tada! I think this will look good with

Have a good day everyone!



12 comments:

  1. This is adorable. I used to LOVE getting bags like this - there was a place in Chicago I would go too all the time - sadly there isn't anything like this in Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your visit Miss Fashion Butter! I know Greece has lots of wonderful treasures even if it's hard to find "bags of scrap". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I'm going to NY soon - where is that flea market?! I'd love to go! I'm sure you're going to love wearing that belt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Katie! This flea market is called the "Garage" because it's located in a parking garage! The address is: 112 West 25th Street and 6th Avenue. It's open on Saturday and Sunday :)
    Hope you get to visit it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh i love bags of scraps...one of my favorite things!!
    you found such good ones

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Blue Moss! I love the surprise every time I open a bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo those are so cute! I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The buckle and strips are so meant to be together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm happy you like the unexpected combination Clara! Thanks for visiting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very much appreciated!