Happy Monday Everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend! Easter is right around the corner and appropriately enough I chose egg cartons for this week's blah to Tada! transformation.
To make the base:
- Cut off the top part of the egg carton.
- Cut the base in half so you'll end up with two bases that will cradle 6 vases each.
- Make sure to "curve" the pointy edges of the carton with a pair of scissors.
- Make a hole (about 1 inch in diameter) on one end of a raw egg. Transfer the contents to a bowl. You may chose to use these right away or save them for later by placing them in a resealable bag (you can separate the yolks from the whites depending on how you'll use them in your recipes) and label them (ex. 3 yolks) before storing them in the freezer.
- Wash the empty egg shells in warm water and allow to dry.
- Fill the egg shells half-way with water and place these on the egg carton.
- Tuck flowers (stems trimmed) and leaves into the vase.